Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cleaning up the metal and the garage....

Ran out of welding gas so I thought it was a good moment to clean the garagebox up a bit. Pushed the bug outside and test fitted some stuff. It all kind of fitted but I'm still a bit iffy about everything. I really need an adapterplate for my subaru engine so I can test fit everything correctly. The cup-brace isn't finished eather because of the lack of welding gas but thus far it looks ok. So nothing really important to show but... well, it's progress anyway.

Had the other stuff on too but It looks really silly without an engine, so I am not going to show those pics. But at least you can see how the closed holes look (still without bondo) Now to make some holes in other places for cooling stuff, weird hu...

The cup-brace is in, still need to weld to lower brackets to the gearbox horns but then it's ready. Guess if the parts are strong enough for a boat they are strong enough for my bug. Let's hope I am right.

No comments: