Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cover up....


I finally got the valve covers on. I had painted them in a nice wrinkle red but I had destroyed the little half moons and I couldn't find new ones anywhere. So I had to make them myself. I wasn't looking forward to doing that and had put it off for a few months.... Well, in the end I did make them myself and it was about a 2 hours job (for parts that can't be more then a few euro's) Good thing, the buzz I got from putting the valve covers on was great. Next on the list, re-weld the water manifold (hope my welder is going to be up to the job) and make my new fuel rails.... And I am still not sure what color I want to make my intake manifold. The alu looks dirty, polishing is going to take far to long, black looks good but I can't find the paint I used on the altenator and I've got another can of wrinkle red but I find that a bit pretentious because it's not a sti engine.... decisions decisions.... :D

No comments: