Thursday, March 20, 2008

From Quick and Easy to AAAARGH!!!

While reading on how to make fuel rails I 'discovered' catch cans. When I pulled my engine apart I was really unhappy with al the dirty oil in the turbo and when I read that a catch can can catch that oil I thought I needed one. Or two actually. Of course you can buy them but I think they are kind of expensive for what they are, so I decided to build my own. A catch can is a very simple device, so I thought that making 2 of them would be quick and easy.... Well, I was wrong. It took me 6 freakin' days to build them. No, they didn't turn out to be complicated and it didn't take me hours and hours, it just didn't go smoothly. The 2 holes for the bracket for instants took (the machine) 4 hours to drill. Going to 7 different shops all across town to get the little fittings and then to find out I bought the wrong ones just after the shop closed, didn't help either. Well I can go on like that but I wont. I still need to finish the fuel rail, coolant tank and swirl tank. So I'll just lie to myself and say it all went super smoothly.... :D

No comments: