Tuesday, August 12, 2008

... day 18....

Weld weld weld. Finished the strip and... yes no more petrol 'flap'. Not sure if it was a smart thing to do (I want to do as little modifications as possible) but I really hate those things. They're nice and handy and all, until it gets stuck and your fiddling around at the petrol station for about 10 minutes to get it to open..... Also made some new glasses for my 944 gauges. No more circus cones. Maybe some other facings but for now I have to figure out how I want to make the dash. I 'm not really into custom dashboards but... well I've got at least 2 gauges and more hole then dash....

another before pic....

and the after pic. some rustprimer to make it look a little better...

hmmm, this is a nice view too. maybe a transparent dash...?

new glasses, protectsheet are still on

No comments: