Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Beetle holiday day 1 ....or uhm day 3?

Yes, that is correct, a beetle holiday. Well kind off. Not one that I am cruising around europe in my bug. No, it means me taking a 3 week break to work on my beetle. No other jobs or stuff, just me working on my 1302.
Well off course that's never gonna happen. Already day one was spend indoors because of bad weather and lots of other stuff that had to get finished, day 2 I spend on cleaning up the garage and day 3 I had to help my old neighbor. But at the end of the day I did get some work done on my bug. I cut off the front to get better excess to the spare tire well. I am going to cut it out to make room for the radiator. My dad called me insane to cut out a perfectly good spare tire well.... hmmm, not much rust but perfectly good.... Anyway, the previous owner didn't do a very nice job on repairing the front (race car means race repairs) so getting the front off went kind of ruff. Some welding and new panels needed here.
Here are the pictures to give you an idea. More news tomorrow (I hope :D)

321 and off with the front.

I promise, I did not touch the well in anyway....

No comments: