Friday, April 3, 2009

Dashing

Taddaaa....
Yes, that's right. Got my dashboard fitted. Took a lot of figuring out 'how to' tho. Stil needs a lot of work and bondo and stuff but for that I need to get the rolecage out of the way. So, want to know how I did it...?

First I cut the left over piece of the dash up so it was close to what I wanted...

Then welded everything together again....

And then cut it again, holes this time and after that welded rings in it...

Then drilled holes in it so I could weld threaded studs in it (also checked if the gauge ring fitted)

Used a piece of wood for now to hold the gauges but I don't like wood in my car. Still it has to be something that doesn't conducts electricity. Thinking of PE.

And finally welded everything together.... Next up, the front.

No comments: