Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Front is done, for now... again

Well... turned out that my Tig welding skills weren't up for it. I just couldn't get it to work so I had to switch to Mig. Sadly that thing only has one setting when welding aluminium (that works) and that's full blast. Which resluted in a 1cm thick blob. After grinding it down it didn't look to bad, hopefully it won't leak.

Also made some gussets to make the front bracing look a bit beefier. After that I put everything together again. Also put the bonnet on, which somehow doesn't really want to fit. Weird.... Anyway, I rolled the bug out and turned it around again. For now I have had enough of working on the front and I also just bought a plastic rear bonnet which should be here tommorow or the day after. Interested if it fits and all.

Always nice to have a look at the car when it's outside. It just looks like nothing changed though.....

No comments: