Saturday, May 23, 2009

Less cooling = more welding

Yes, I deleted the cooling slots under the rear window. Ok, don't ask if it's a good idea or not. I've got pro's and con's, but in the end it's just because I saw the rear of the bugster and wanted mine to be kind of like that too. And because I haven't got the money yet for the adapterplate for the engine I am just looking for things to do on my bug. Well.... it turned out to be a little more work then expected. Which in hindsight wasen't that bad. Found some nasty rust I had never found if I hadn't done this.

Cut the the slots out and was figuring out how I was going to remove the plate where the bonnet is connected to. Well, it almost did it by itself. It was rusted bad. Good thing I took it out.

Welded a plate in and some brackets.

And this is how it looks now. (looks almost like it's photoshoped) Next I'll start making a little spoiler.

Also checked how the decklid looked with the bumper on. Of course it wouldn't open the normal way but I'll use hood pins.

No comments: